Tuesday, December 21, 2010

The Last Best Hope: Restoring Conservatism and America's Promise by Joe Scarborough

I was disappointed in this book. As a regular viewer of MSNBC, I have became a fan of Morning Joe, finding it to be the most interesting and intelligent show on the network. And even though I often disagree with Joe Scarborough's politics, I have come to respect his willingness to discuss politics with people from various points of view.

This book, however, is a lot weaker than his TV show. It is also a lot less bold than it pretends to be. It is true that this book questions some political orthodoxies on the right -- a rare thing for a Republican these days. At the same time, however, I found this book to be filled with many cliche conservative arguments, rather than innovative thinking.

2 1/2 out of 5 stars